Friday, March 26, 2010

Tag Team, back again!

Apparently it has taken me two years to get over Matty Pickens' departure from the Chicago Fire. Okay, maybe that's not entire true. But seeing that it's been two years I can't even think of why I abandoned this project. (Okay, maybe it was that there was way too much sports news to parse through.) Let's start over.

In fact, let's start with what this week brings: the beginning of the MLS season. The sophomore Seattle Sounders soundly (hah!) beat the first-year Philadelphia Union expansion team 2-0 yesterday. I predict that at least once this year one of the Sounders' goals will come off the head of former crush object, Nate Jacqua. I also predict that on Saturday, March 27, I and a bunch of friends will attend the New York Red Bulls' season opener at their brand new arena in Harrison, New Jersey. That's not really a prediction... I predict we will all drink beer in celebration of a new place to, um, drink beer and watch soccer.

But before that, I bring you this:
MLS commissioner, Don Garber

No comments: